Thursday, July 10, 2008

7/10/02


Today is the day that I miss him the most. I guess because today is the day that he was taken away from me. It has been 6 years and still I can't believe it. Some days I can't remember his face and others he is so vivid in my mind. There are so many thoughts and feelings when I think of my dad. My world literally came crashing down when I got that call at 4 something in the morning. I have always felt safe because I knew he was there. He never let me down even though I let him down all the time. He was taken so suddenly that I never got to say I'm sorry, I love you and you meant the world to me. I am so sorry Papa that I kept you up at night. I am so sorry that I couldn't have been better. I am so sorry that you couldn't have walked me down the isle and that you didn't get to meet John. I think that you would have liked him, he reminds me of you. I am mostly sorry that I didn't get to say goodbye and tell you how much I love you. I hope that one day I will get to see you again.
I LOVE YOU PAPA ALWAYS!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a loss that must have been. By the way V, you make your father proud he knows your heart and your good intentions. I'm sure he is beaming looking down on you and your beautiful family. We love you and are so glad to have you in our family. You're a special soul!

Unknown said...

My heart literally hurt for you while I was reading that, V! I'm so sorry. I'm sure he's so proud of you and your boys now. You are such a beautiful person and you have such a sweet heart. I'm so glad you are my sister! Love you!

Sarah Rock said...

Veronica your words are beautiful. I can relay most of those exact feelings. I have made mistakes that probably would have kept my dad up late at night too but I didn't have that time with my dad. I have this very sure feeling that because of your mistakes you and your father were closer. I don't want to sound condescending or belittle your feelings that you laid out on the page, they are beautiful, but, you know you will see him again. I know it and I know you know it too. I love you
Sarah

Dave said...

I do understand. Now more then ever I miss my dad who I lost 10 years ago. I know that he is getting a kick out of watching me be a dad! I am sure that your dad is proud of where you are at in your life and I know that he would have liked John too!