Thursday, July 9, 2009

Dad


No words I write can ever say
How much I miss you everyday
As time goes by the loneliness grows
How I miss you, nobody knows
I think of you in silence
I often speak your name
But all I have are memories
And photos in a frame
No one knows my sorrow
No one sees me weep
But the love I have for you
Is in my heart to keep
I’ve never stopped loving you
I’m sure I never will
Deep inside my heart
You are with me still
Heartaches in this world are many
But mine is worse than any
My heart still aches as I whisper low
“I need you and miss you so”
The things we feel so deeply
Are often the hardest to say
But I just can’t keep quiet anymore
So I’ll tell you anyway
There is a place in my heart
That no one else can fill
I love you so Dad
And I always will


March 15, 1949 - July 10, 2002....Missing you always....Loving you forever!


2 comments:

My_Kids_Mum said...

Sis,
Did you write this wonderful poem? It's so beautiful and yet I sense your pain in those words. I know words could never completely heal your pain, only time. But, please know that you are loved by us very much and we pray for you all, always.

Veronica and Johnnie said...

I did not write the poem but when I read it it fit so perfectly. Even though we are far I can feel your love! Thanks for being a great Sis!