Thursday, July 2, 2009


I think July is the hardest month for me. The 4th of July was the last holiday that I got to spend with my dad. I loved getting a reaction out of him. I know he pretended to be annoyed but deep down he really loved it. I am not a singer BUT I love to sing. I was at my parents house for a BBQ before we went to the high school to see the fire works. Proud to be an American came on the radio and I was singing it and he told me to shut up....of course everyone who knows me knows I don't do what I am told so I sang it even louder. While we were at the fireworks show that same song came on and I looked at my dad with a huge smile, he gave me the don't you dare look. I love that memory of him, it's one of my favorites. I still can't believe that it will be 7 years. It still hurts and makes me sad. I love you Papa!
The picture above is when I graduated. I think that is when he was the most proud of me.

1 comment:

Lindsey/Jeremy said...

V,
I remember being at your graduation too. I know your dad is proud of everything you are doing. He is watching always. I love ya.